9+1 eating habits to boost your mood
A healthy diet, which includes nutrients from all food groups, contributes to the proper functioning of the brain and the entire central nervous system. Therefore, we are in a better mood and achieve a more balanced mental health, while at the same time, we decrease the risk of being affected by depression.
Today, depression is a very common condition, even among young people. To avoid such an unpleasant situation, you should eat well and healthy by choosing fruits and vegetables that increase the production of hormones of happiness (such as serotonin).
Let’s see below the 9+1 food choices that offer a bright smile and a good mood, but also protect the health of the heart.
1. Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables that contain folic acid. These are: spinach, lettuce, broccoli, asparagus, pulses and peas.
2. Drink cocoa; it is an excellent source of magnesium. Magnesium helps you maintain a good mood.
3. Eat fish and foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids such as salmon, sardines, nuts, pumpkin seed, etc., as they contribute to the synthesis of neurotransmitters.
4. Eat unsalted nuts between meals. This will help you control your weight since it makes you feel satiated.
5. Eat cereals. Cereals are an important source of folic acid and B vitamins, which maintain a healthy nervous system and thus eliminate depression.
6. Consume foods rich in iron (lentils, spinach, liver) and check your iron level regularly through a laboratory test. Lack of good mood is often caused or affected by iron levels.
7. Reduce alcohol and smoking, as these two habits influence the levels of serotonin in the blood. If you smoke or drink regularly, you should eat foods high in folic acid and vitamin B6.
8. Exercise regularly. It is proven that regular exercise improves not only the physical image, but also the psychological and emotional health.
9. Take a sufficient amount of protein and carbohydrates every day, so as not to disrupt the balance of hormones and vitamins in your body.
+1 tip for faster results:
Visit a dietician who will help you follow a diet tailored to your needs. Experts always know what is best for your body. Your diet needs to be individualized in order to be effective and meet your needs.
Visit a dietician today!